Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 

The Anti-anti-American Creed

Humbly sumbitted by yours truly.


I believe in peace, freedom, dignity and the basic human rights of all individuals, American or otherwise.

I believe America has tried to instill and defend those rights and values in all parts of the world where it has influence, has been generous to those in need, and difficult on those who would seek to take those rights and values away from its own citizens.

I believe America's intentions are good, and that in protecting its own interests, affords the rest of the world a better chance of enjoying the same freedoms and rights that America enjoys. I believe America has led the way in sacrifice and generosity for the common good of the world.

I believe America is a leader, and while it may not always be right, it is right enough to be given the benefit of the doubt and sets a positive example for the rest of the world to follow.

I believe that the ones who hate America most are the ones who want control and power for themselves or their political affiliations more than they want peace, freedom, dignity and basic human rights for all. I believe the worst of these are those who claim they want control and power because they love America, but are willing to exploit the vulnerable to achieve that power and control.

I believe that it is acceptable to challenge American leaders on their ideals and methods, but it is not acceptable to lie, mislead, exaggerate, insult, intimidate, cheat, steal or threaten in order to raise those challenges, and once the decision has been made I believe those who love America will celebrate the democratic process and support America and its leaders in those decisions.

I believe children are sacred, and that anyone who intentionally harms them for their own gain is on the wrong side of a conflict. This includes physical harm as well as emotional and intellectual harm.

I believe I will stand firm on America's right to be America until I am knocked out, taken out, passed out, dragged out or carried out, and in the end, I believe that America as a God-respecting society will lead the world to a new age of peace and prosperity.

bb

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?